Monday, October 26, 2015

Don't Mind Him

To the Store Clerk,


I just wanted to apologize on behalf of my fellow human living on the street near your shop. This man seems to be bothering you. He must really be making people miserable since the woman in line in front of me asked you if there was anything to be done about him. By the looks of her fur coat, designer boots, and frightening amount of makeup, I’m going to assume she doesn’t know how someone might ever find themselves in such an inconvenient situation. I mean really, how could anyone be so inconsiderate as to sit out in the cold asking for change. It’s appalling.
More upsetting though, is that he won’t seem to stop shouting. As you kindly pointed out, he cannot be arrested for simply being a public nuisance. What a shame. It would be much easier for everyone if he was just taken away and out of sight. Besides, he’s hurting business. I’m just so terribly sorry that he chose that spot outside your shop. Of all the perfectly decent curbside real estate, why did he have to go and choose your front door? Now people will be more likely to cross the street (everyone knows that mental illness is contagious). He’s obviously also really dangerous, talking about the government into his cup of pennies, standing in the same spot all afternoon. Like you told the well-heeled woman in front of me, he is gracious enough to leave for the summer months, but comes back in the fall to stand on that street every day. It’s just so inconsiderate of him.
You turn to me and sigh in exasperation at the burden of it all. I truly feel your pain. Your life is just that much more difficult these days. Well, I hate to break it to you, but I will be making my purchase elsewhere.


It’s just that guy outside. He’s making me uncomfortable.


Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen

No comments:

Post a Comment