Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What Biophilia, Paganism, and Narcissism Have in Common

You are selfless, only care about the future. How could you be so foolish? Your flesh is good enough. 

Fight for the human in you, and if you succeed, the humans in us will rise to match. 

In order to love Nature again, we must deny Nature. Without Nature, there would be no battle. 

Those who seek power must turn their heads away from money towards something bigger. It isn't true that you can't have a monopoly on the Sun. 

You who have nothing and want what's best for your children, seek the sky and devour all you see. What will be left is surreal, an image that resembles human myth. 

Our ancestors did no evil when they worshipped fertility and seasons like Pagans do. The poetry of the universe couldn't keep them away, but their intelligence was unrivaled, and so we grew distant. 

How can we fight for Nature when we battle against it? I would say Nature is our ally, but Nature is really in our core. Eat the Sun, savor it with your tongue, and when you purge it from your system as a pile of shit, tell me where the light went. 

There is a God for every Mountain, Lake, Desert, Plant, and Creature. There is a God for Your Ego, and that is You. With Divine love for "I" as a self-sufficient corpus as our weapon, we can turn weakness for power into the strength that will lead us victorious in the world's fist ever one-sided war. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Things I have been musing about: 

--Bill McKibben's urgent call to stop fossil fuel corporations from making innocent areas of the world suffer, enjoy the beautiful scenery in the Adirondacks because it won't ever be the same, and to consider the future of our planet before our superfluous "needs"

--How some of Björk's songs and the E.E. Cummings poems they are based on ("I Will Wade Out" --> "Sun In My Mouth"; "It may not always be so" --> "Sonnets/Unrealities XI"; "Belgium" --> "Mother Heroic"), as well as certain other songs from Björk's albums Medulla and Vespertine, comment on the human experience of grappling with nature within and outside of our physical selves. 


--A poem I modified this past spring from a poem I wrote when I was in 7th grade, which, even though light and humorous, does display themes similar to Cumming's "I Will Wade Out" and Björk's "Sun In My Mouth": loving so much that love becomes destructive, unsolved mysteries, the desire to release tension, and egotistical greed:

The Ideal Meal






I ate the earth for lunch today

And its moon for a midnight snack.​​

The sun's rays marred the Milky-Way

So I took a fork to it with a thwack!


Making my way through open space​​

I was never quite full or tired.​​​

Just kept on going, and left no trace

Then to the void I retired.


The world around me grew smaller

Til th'were no stars, planets, black nor white

You would never dream of such a color
As the galaxy before me that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment